Thursday 8 October 2015

You Can Put a Logo on That?

After years of searching for a way to combine my love for helping people and my creativity, I found myself drawn to the wonderful world of advertising specialties, a.k.a promotional products. I love the hunt for that "cool" item for a client, and the wide-eyed look on their face when I present it to them. Letting my imagination run wild in finding perfect solutions for my clients' marketing needs, gives me gratification. I thrive on building long-term partnerships, and at Promo Promo, I can do just that. Promo Promo is a promotional products distributor based out of Toronto. We try to avoid being simply order takers and work hard to nourish our client (or as we like to call them partner) relationships, and to take on a more consultative role.

I decided to start this blog in hopes I can open my readers' eyes to the promotional products world that I am so passionate about. I'll be sharing product ideas, new insights on product trends, and the industry as a whole, all while hopefully keeping it fun and engaging for all of you...And myself. 

So... Here goes...

When I ask people what they know about promotional products, many answer pens, mugs, or T-shirts. And really, who can blame them? These are some of the most common items used as a promotional tool. I must admit, before I got started out in this industry, those would have been my go-to answers too.

The truth is that the possibilities are as limitless as your imagination. Now that doesn't mean that there aren't unique pens or mugs out there, or that you can't be creative with how or what you choose to imprint on a T-shirt, for example. But, the vast choice in promotional products should allow you to match a product to your brand, message, event, or simply to what catches your eye.

Imagine this. You're in the healthcare industry. You have an event coming up where awards will be handed out to a number of winners, and you're looking for that special item to give to them as a gift in addition to the award itself. You reach out to your promotional products consultant and they suggest a Fitbit or activity tracker. And you think to yourself... "You can put a logo on that?"


Think outside the box


Question for all of you...

What promotional product have you received that surprised you the most?




    

9 comments:

  1. Great post, a product that was memorable and useful was a pen with a calendar insirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I once got a bag full of m&m candies and jelly beans and each had some kind of a message printed on them...had no idea you can that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post!!! We once got a wine bottle that on it's label was printed a personal message and the logo of the company that gave it to us. We loved the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 items!
    1 was the water bottle with the logo.
    2nd item was a screwdriver with a logo printed on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a great keychain that holds two coins in the size of a quarter and a Looney. They're removable and for use at the grocery store for the shopping cart. I never have to search for a coin again when I go grocery shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A pen that has a USB memory stick at one end.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I received a usb shaped as a clothes pin holding my documents together. It had their logo on it and it was unique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Luggage tag at a resort wedding! Memorable and useful too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I once got a USB key in a shape of a pill. it was really cool since I work in the Healthcare IT industry.

    ReplyDelete